Petrochemical (API) cartridge seals
Single seal, cartridge design, balanced, independent from the direction of rotation, multi-spring. The seal acc. to EN ISO 21049 (API 682): type A, category 2 or 3, arrangement 1, configuration 1CW-FL (with a floating carbon throttle bushing).
The BP is a general purpose mechanical seal designed especially for pump installations for liquefied hydrocarbons of low density, and high pressures, occurring in refineries, in petrochemical and chemical industries. This mechanical seal is designed for clean media (without mechanical inclusions and abrasives): some organic acids, higher hydrocarbons, propane-butane, ethanol, acetone, cumene, unsaturated aliphatic hydrocarbons (olefins CnH2n).
- cartridge construction, it fits also into smaller pump stuffing boxes
- easy assembly and disassembly of the mechanical seal
- high resistance against the deformation
- low friction due to the optimal form of main sealing rings
- carbon throttle ring causing no spark, blocks the emission of volatile substances into the atmosphere (with nitrogen installation acc. to API 682) and separates leakage into the secure zone - torch
- operates with auxiliary installations acc. to API 682 plan: 11, 12, 13, 21, 22.
Seal configuration: BPStep 1 / 3
Seal configuration: BPStep 2 / 3
Other material versions are available on request. Please consult the Sales Department of ANGA.
Seal configuration: BPStep 3 / 3
Below you can find selected seal options. To return to previous steps use the BACK button.
It is possible to generate a Product Specification Sheet (PDF) or a 3D model (STP), send the sheet by e-mail and send a Request for Quotation.